For years, Miss Shirley's Corporate Executive Chef Brigitte Bledsoe, dreamed of having her own restaurant garden. In 2014, Brigitte's vision became a reality with the creation of Miss Shirley's Fresh Vegetable & Herb Garden in Roland Park!
Each year, Corporate Executive Chef Brigitte & Executive Chef Zuri plant their fresh seasonal veggies & herbs in a completely Non-GMO environment with All-Natural Fertilizer, made from composted materials at our Annapolis location!
This Summer, they're growing: Basil, Parsley, Mint, Chives, Garlic, Tomatoes, Jalapeño Peppers, Spinach, Asparagus, Okra, Green Beans, Cucumbers, Green Onions, Pumpkins & Watermelon.
Check out some snapshots of Brigitte & Zuri's first harvest of the season, and get the recipe for our favorite Cucumber & Tomato Salad below.
This light & simple side includes fresh Summer Vegetables, perfect for your next cookout!
Miss Shirley's Signature Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Yields: 6 Servings
- ½ each of European cucumber, large dice
- ½ cup red grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup yellow grape tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
2. Add in the next 4 ingredients and toss well to coat.
3. Season liberally with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Refrigerate and let sit for at least an hour and taste again.
5. It will need to be re-seasoned as the cucumber and tomato release a lot of water.
6. Season again to taste and serve chilled.